#1. Recent updates.
#4. Pictorial examples of what's acceptable.
#5. List of Pokémon by Pokédex number, and their status. (Taken/Not taken.)
#6. All of the completed entries so far.
(To navigate this journal entry quickly, press Ctrl-F/Command-F on your keyboard, and type #[insert your number of choice here]. Your browser will take you to the relevant part of this post.)
#1. Some people have noticed that the collaboration is slowing down.
We didn't jump aboard thinking we'd be done over night, but the fact that we've already hit 58 completed Pokémon and grinded to a stand-still seems to be alarming to some people, because the fact is that if every person aboard got one more person to join, we'd be up to 100 people in no time. I know some artists have already dragged people into the fray with them, and that's awesome! This isn't being written to diminish the efforts of those who have already contributed so richly. (We certainly wouldn't be where we are now if it wasn't for all of the wonderful people dedicating their time and efforts to making this collaboration as amazing as it already is.) This is just a nudge to remind people that the collaboration isn't over until the fat Jynx sings.
With that said, please feel free to promote: journals, Facebook, Twitter, whatever you want. As long as the artist in question has deviantART, they will not only be allowed to participate, but they will be welcomed with open arms. The sooner the collaboration is finished, the sooner everything will come together in an epic way.
Thanks for reading.
PS. For those just joining, please-please-please read the rules! They're there to save you time and grief.
Also remember that all work must be 100% your own. Thank you.
Based on the huge Pokémon Trainer collaboration, LeafFox and I have decided to start our own, but instead of drawing the trainers, we'll be drawing the actual Pokémon instead.
- Participants must have a DeviantArt account, and be watching me. (I don't care if you're watching my art, or if you intend to unwatch me after the collaboration is finished, but if you miss my journal updates and it costs you, then that's your tough luck.) Yes, you are allowed to watch LeafFox instead since we're both posting the same updates. Just please let me know you're watching her, or if you're already watching me, that you're changing over to watching her in the comments. We will be checking to make sure that everyone is watching at least one of us.
- One Pokémon per user. (Dibs will go to the person who posts first, so even if you guys post "at the same time", DeviantArt's time stamp will determine who gets it.)
- Anyone who misses the deadline will forfeit their Pokémon, giving someone else the chance to draw it, and will have to sign up again if they want to participate.
- All submissions must be new (specifically for the collaboration), coloured, have transparent backgrounds, and be submitted as a PNG. If anyone would like to do theirs traditionally, and remove the backgrounds themselves, then please remember: no lined paper. (Grid paper counts as "lined".) Quality must be acceptable, so no camera phone quality; scanners are the best way to go. Also, please do not edit your Pokémon after you've submitted it. We are very sympathetic to the fact that you may have missed a spot, or the shading doesn't look quite right, or the pose makes your Pokémon look debilitated, but we would like all submissions to be finalized pieces. If your OCD is acting up something fierce, then please ask the collaboration hosts before you change anything.
- Speaking of shading, if you do choose to shade, the light source must be in the top right corner. Please do not have your Pokémon cast a shadow on the ground. We will add that in the final piece ourselves.
- Pokémon must be depicted full bodied. The pose will be left up to you, but please keep it appropriate. (Images must be safe for work; in other words, no 18+ material.) Also, no objects to obscure the view of your Pokémon. Squirtle blowing a bubble or Charmander using Ember is fine, but please don't stick a giant rock in front of Geodude. We want to see your Pokémon.
- If you're going to include an attack, please don't have the edges cut off. Half a bubble doesn't make much sense placement-wise. It makes it really hard to place your Pokémon in the final collaboration. Also, keep the attack in your Pokémon's proximity. As a point of reference, no ice beam, hyper beam, dragon rage or any long beams or twisters. The focus is your Pokémon, not the attack.
- No tracing or copying of official art. All art must be original, and by you, so you may not do a sketch, then have someone else line/colour it. It must be yours from start to finish.
- When you sign up, please don't automatically assume you have the Pokémon. Please wait until you have a deadline to start work/submit or else your piece may not count as being "for this collab".
- Once submissions are completed, a Download button must be available. If it is not, then please upload a second copy to your Sta.sh and note me with the link so I may download it. The same applies if you choose to add a signature or watermark. Signatures and watermarks are fine, but they're not part of the Pokémon, and are therefore not part of the collaboration.
- The bigger your picture, the better. (Minimum size: 800px x 800px.)
- Haunter, Jolteon, and Vaporeon are already reserved for the founders of the collaboration.
- If your submission fails to follow the rules, we reserve the right to deny it.
- The deadline for submissions will be exactly one month from the time you sign up. (Ex. If you sign up May 13th, you will have until June 13th.)
"Why do we have to watch you (or LeafFox) in order to participate?"
Because I don't want to have to message 151 different people every time there's an update. It would be a different story if this were a collaboration of ten or less people, but it's not. It's massive, and I'm not an Internet God. Click on the watch button, uncheck everything aside from "Journals & Polls", and you won't be spammed with my crumby art or other activity. If you're not happy with that arrangement, then you don't have to participate.
"Are we allowed to submit Pokémon as sprites?"
"Are we allowed to submit black and white pieces?"
No. We will accept only coloured pieces. No sketches, and no digitally coloured black and white (monochrome) pieces.
"Are we allowed to submit shiny versions of our Pokémon?"
No. We will be accepting the Pokémon in only their common colours. If you'd like to do a shiny version of the Pokémon for yourself, however, that's perfectly fine.
"Do Mega versions of Pokémon count?"
No, classic Pokémon only.
"May I draw more than one Pokémon for the collaboration?"
Only one Pokémon, and you may not draw multiples of the same one either, even if it's the one you were assigned.
"May I draw clothes/props on/with my Pokémon?"
No. For all purposes, we'd like the Pokémon to be drawn as they are naturally, and don't want to see them with any accents that they don't already have like Machoke's belt, Primeape's boxing gloves, Jynx's dress, Farfetch'd's leek, and Cubone's bone.
"But I looked at the completed entries, and Pikachu has a neckerdoodle."
I admit it: I screwed up. I was hoping that Pokémon being drawn without trainer influence would be a given, but it's not. With that said, Pikachu was submitted before the no trainer influence AKA. no clothes rule was explicitly implemented, and in all good consciousness, we couldn't force someone to start over when (at the time of their submission) it wasn't against the rules. However, it is against the rules now, and we expect everyone to be aware of this, and abide by it. Any future Pokémon submitted with clothing articles or props not native to them will be denied.
"Why does our Pokémon have to be at least 800x800?"
Because if your Pokémon is smaller than 800x800, then your Pokémon will need to be moved to the back of the line. By this, I mean they will be in the distance and be harder to see. We will not make your Pokémon bigger for you because it will pixelate the image and bring down the overall quality of the collaboration. We also will not downsize the overall image just to accommodate you, so if you submit your Pokémon and it doesn't at least meet the minimum size standard, don't be angry when your Pokémon is hobbling along, out of sight, and blending into the background somewhere. (Also, don't try to be a wise guy. 800x800 refers to your Pokémon's size, not your Pokémon's size + transparent pixels.)
"How big is too big?"
If you're wondering how big "too big" is, then don't worry about it. It's far easier to downsize and retain quality than it is to make bigger, so if your image is very large, we will take care of it.
#4. Examples of what's acceptable:
No shading is fine:
Shading with top right as the light source; no shadow(s) on the ground:
Traditional with the background removed:
#5. If you have any questions, you may leave a comment or message Tinker-Jet or LeafFox
1. Bulbasaur (Taken by Ask-Currupt404 DONE!)
2. Ivysaur (Taken by bubbles123karate DONE!)
3. Venusaur (Not taken.)
4. Charmander (Taken by TaksArt DONE!)
5. Charmeleon (Taken by ValenAndNightInc DONE!)
6. Charizard (Taken by zonesdragoness DONE!)
7. Squirtle (Taken by HOBYMIIOFFICIEL DONE!)
8. Wartortle (Taken by rhyINFERIROR DONE!)
9. Blastoise (Not taken.)
10. Caterpie (Not taken.)
11. Metapod (Not taken.)
12. Butterfree (Not taken.)
13. Weedle (Not taken.)
14. Kakuna (Not taken.)
15. Beedrill (Not taken.)
16. Pidgey (Taken by Hannahthedoe Deadline: Monday, October 13th, 2014.)
17. Pidgeotto (Taken by Laurosaurus DONE!)
18. Pidgeot (Taken by quila111 DONE!)
19. Rattata (Taken by WhatCritter DONE!)
20. Raticate (Not taken.)
21. Spearow (Not taken.)
22. Fearow (Not taken.)
23. Ekans (Not taken.)
24. Arbok (Taken by ChaoticUmbreon DONE!)
25. Pikachu (Taken by PNCOproductions DONE!)
26. Raichu (Taken by S-q-t-v-a-l-9 DONE!)
27. Sandshrew (Taken by tymime DONE!)
28. Sandslash (Taken by AR-ameth DONE!)
29. Nidoran (female) (Not taken.)
30. Nidorina (Taken by Tedingle72 Deadline: Thursday, October 2nd, 2014.)
31. Nidoqueen (Not taken.)
32. Nidoran (male) (Not taken.)
33. Nidorino (Taken by EagleIronic DONE!)
34. Nidoking (Not taken.)
35. Clefairy (Taken by Catnipfairy DONE!)
36. Clefable (Not taken.)
37. Vulpix (Taken by Sylveon17 DONE!)
38. Ninetales (Taken by Boxpet DONE!)
39. Jigglypuff (Taken by yoshj DONE!)
40. Wigglytuff (Taken by XxSereneGracexX DONE!)
41. Zubat (Taken by Senwyn1 DONE!)
42. Golbat (Not taken.)
43. Oddish (Taken by TaylortheSnailor DONE!)
44. Gloom (Not taken.)
45. Vileplume (Not taken.)
46. Paras (Taken by ZueMasuo DONE!)
47. Parasect (Not taken.)
48. Venonat (Not taken.)
49. Venomoth (Not taken.)
50. Diglett (Not taken.)
51. Dugtrio (Not taken.)
52. Meowth (Taken by Nestly DONE!)
53. Persian (Taken by Tangyowl Deadline: Thursday, October 2nd, 2014.)
54. Psyduck (Taken by Mafon DONE!)
55. Golduck (Not taken.)
56. Mankey (Not taken.)
57. Primape (Not taken.)
58. Growlithe (Taken by ObnoxiousGiraffe DONE!)
59. Arcanine (Taken by redyoshi77 DONE!)
60. Poliwag (Taken by Minish-Mae DONE!)
61. Poliwhirl (Not taken.)
62. Poliwrath (Not taken.)
63. Abra (Not taken.)
64. Kadabra (Not taken.)
65. Alakazam (Not taken.)
66. Machop (Not taken.)
67. Machoke (Not taken.)
68. Machamp (Not taken.)
69. Bellsprout (Not taken.)
70. Weepinbell (Not taken.)
71. Victreebel (Not taken.)
72. Tentacool (Not taken.)
73. Tentacruel (Not taken.)
74. Geodude (Not taken.)
75. Graveler (Taken by Colarty DONE!)
76. Golem (Not taken.)
77. Ponyta (Taken by AffinityPony DONE!)
78. Rapidash (Taken by spotty-bee DONE!)
79. Slowpoke (Taken by Chihuahuadragon DONE!)
80. Slowbro (Not taken.)
81. Magnemite (Not taken.)
82. Magneton (Not taken.)
83. Farfetch'd (Taken by Ollie-C DONE!)
84. Doduo (Not taken.)
85. Dodrio (Taken by Brizzlos DONE!)
86. Seel (Taken by TheWhiteWolf12121 DONE!)
87. Dewgong (Taken by negiixo DONE!)
88. Grimer (Not taken.)
89. Muk (Not taken.)
90. Shellder (Not taken.)
91. Cloyster (Not taken.)
92. Gastly (Taken by AskSplashWoman DONE!)
93. Haunter (Taken by comedy17 DONE!)
94. Gengar (Taken by Patrona DONE!)
95. Onix (Taken by TheBlox DONE!)
96. Drowzee (Not taken.)
97. Hypno (Taken by Metana DONE!)
98. Krabby (Taken by JerryKun DONE!)
99. Kingler (Not taken.)
100. Voltorb (Not taken.)
101. Electrode (Not taken.)
102. Exeggcute (Not taken.)
103. Exeggutor (Not taken.)
104. Cubone (Taken by Sibsy DONE!)
105. Marowak (Taken by IeveIup DONE!)
106. Hitmonlee (Taken by BlueBandanaJake DONE!)
107. Hitmonchan (Not taken.)
108. Lickitung (Taken by CatWhitney DONE!)
109. Koffing (Not taken.)
110. Weezing (Not taken.)
111. Rhyhorn (Not taken.)
112. Rhydon (Not taken.)
113. Chansey (Not taken.)
114. Tangela (Not taken.)
115. Kangaskhan (Not taken.)
116. Horsea (Taken by ashvanity Deadline: Monday, October 13th, 2014.)
117. Seadra (Not taken.)
118. Goldeen (Not taken.)
119. Seaking (Not taken.)
120. Staryu (Not taken.)
121. Starmie (Not taken.)
122. Mr. Mime (Not taken.)
123. Scyther (Not taken.)
124. Jynx (Not taken.)
125. Electabuzz (Not taken.)
126. Magmar (Taken Punch-Holer DONE!)
127. Pinsir (Not taken.)
128. Tauros (Not taken.)
129. Magikarp (Not taken.)
130. Gyarados (Not taken.)
131. Lapras (Taken by KatNap8181 DONE!)
132. Ditto (Taken by CrimsonCarmine Deadline: Friday, October 3rd, 2014.)
133. Eevee (Taken by Cyilla DONE!)
134. Vaporeon (Taken by LeafFox DONE!)
135. Jolteon (Taken by Tinker-Jet DONE!)
136. Flareon (Taken by LizziePotatoPad DONE!)
137. Porygon (Not taken.)
138. Omanyte (Not taken.)
139. Omastar (Not taken.)
140. Kabuto (Not taken.)
141. Kabutops (Not taken.)
142. Aerodactyl (Not taken.)
143. Snorlax (Not taken.)
144. Articuno (Taken by Kanis-Major Deadline: Wednesday, October 15th, 2014.)
145. Zapdos (Not taken.)
146. Moltres (Taken by Fox-The-Wandering DONE!)
147. Dratini (Taken by KrystalTheStarDragon DONE!)
148. Dragonair (Taken by TambaCat DONE!)
149. Dragonite (Not taken.)
150. Mewtwo (Taken by Breakdawn-Avenue DONE!)
151. Mew (Taken by LightningTheDragon20 DONE!)